Pilot Program: Intercultural Leadership
Residents are vying this winter for 20 slots in a Spring 2012 six-month training program in intercultural skills. This pilot certificate program includes an off-site weekend retreat, five workshops on topics such as cross-cultural conflict resolution and cultural identity, supplemented by Board mentorship and additional IH program participation. See below for more detail and look for progress updates in the Spring 2012 IH Times!
The I-House Initiative in Intercultural Leadership
We are pleased to announce a new, unique I-House opportunity for continuing residents. In spring semester 2012 we offer a new I-House Initiative in Intercultural Leadership to 20 select residents. The structure will be that of a professional development opportunity not an academic class, offering an intimate community of resident participants with access to the opportunities below:
- Intercultural Effectiveness assessment w/individual results and consultation
- Five required 2 hour workshops held one Thurs. per month, Jan.– May 2012
- 2-3 supplemental intercultural activities (to be chosen by individual)
- One off-site 2-day retreat on Sat, Jan. 28- Sun, Jan. 29, 2012
- Optional mentorship with an I-House Board Member/Distinguished Alum
- Option to earn a Letter of Recommendation from Ambassador Brennan
- Closing Celebration in May 2012
Each participant who completes the program requirements will be awarded an I-House Certificate in Intercultural Leadership.