About I-House | Alumni Relations | Programs & Activities |
trucks, and computer wiring wizards have been a familiar sight in and
around International House during the past year. Projects include:
- A ramp for wheelchair access replaced an unreliable outdoor elevator
while maintaining the architectural heritage of the building.
- Seismic safety improvements were completed in resident hallways.
- 72 rooms were renovated in the first phase of a three-year plan to
renovate all resident rooms.
- Two of the three elevators were overhauled.
- The dome was repaired, water-proofed, and painted.
- Major roof repairs were completed, including seismic upgrades.
- Electrical and fire safety improvements were completed.
- Computer-dedicated lines to resident rooms were installed and will be
in operation in spring '98.
- Exterior painting is scheduled to begin in June, 1998.
projects in the planning phase pending funding include: renovation of 400
more resident rooms, restoration of the entrance to the House, renovation
of Heller Patio including wheelchair access, and replacement of the floor
in the Chevron Auditorium.
Copyright © 1998 International House