ON-LINE COMMUNITY COMING IN FALL 2000 |
International House plans to launch an on-line community for alumni, current residents, staff, and members in the fall. A comprehensive package of internet-based services will offer a place in cyberspace to reconnect, exchange ideas, and access career and networking information. The on-line community will make it possible for alumni far from Berkeley to continue to be part of the I-House community through the website.
Some of the services under consideration include:
• Online Directory to search for old friends in a password protected listing. Give us your thoughts on privacy issues by responding to the survey.
• Mentoring Program to connect alumni to alumni and also to residents. E-mail communication allows global contacts.
• Career Resources will help residents and alumni find useful resources.
• Chat Rooms and Bulletin Boards for topics ranging from travel to international issues or for alumni from a particular era or profession.
• On-line Giving information and opportunities will be expanded.
Services already existing on the web site include a site for updating personal information, an e-mail list of alumni, calendar of programs, on-line donations, a virtual tour, application for residence, alumni newsletters and the residents' newsletter. The existing website receives more than 3500 visits per week from alumni, residents, and those who want to learn more about the House and its programs.
If you have questions, please write to the Alumni Office or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org