These are just some of the special projects funded in part by generous gifts from alumni, friends, and foundations:
• New entrance lighting enhances the architectural heritage of the House.
• High-speed computer resources for resident use.
• A new cooperative program with the UC Graduate Division brings exceptional grad students from underrepresented regions of the world to Cal and I-House.
• 94 residents with demonstrated need receive financial aid for room and board.
• The Online Community brings together alumni around the world.
• The final stage of resident room renovation and seismic improvements will be completed this summer.
• East Dining Room renovations are scheduled for June.
• Public restroom renovation is complete.
• Residents can read 60 periodicals from around the world in our library.
• Orientation retreats help new residents adjust to I-House and to Berkeley.
• Programs throughout the year include Sunday Suppers, Coffee Hours, trips to neighboring communities, alumni-resident Lodestar Programs, distinguished speakers, Spring Fest and more.