WordPress Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Instagram YouTube @cal Pinterest

New Resident Checklist


☐ Get Your Cal ID: If you received a temporary I-House Key Card, please get your Cal ID immediately as your I-House Key Card will stop working 5 business days after your move-in. This can be done at the CAL 1 ID Office. Please see the map below.


☐ Once you receive your Cal ID, visit our Assistant Director, Roxanne Heglar, who is available to process access card transfers during Admissions Office Hours: M-F 9:30AM to NOON and 2PM to 4PM.  Roxanne oversees all issues related to keys and card access.  If you are unable to acquire your Cal ID within 5 business days, please email us at ihres@berkeley.edu BEFORE YOUR I-HOUSE KEY CARD EXPIRES so we can extend your access until you receive your Cal ID. The fee for a lost Key Card is $50.  


☐ Update your Contact Information in the Profile section of your I-House account.  This would include adding your new I-House address, your most current and frequently checked email address, and your new U.S. cell phone number should you choose to set one up.  This is very important since the contact info in your StarRez account is used throughout your stay to keep you informed of upcoming events, deadlines, and other House business. These changes can be made at ihouse.berkeley.edu/StarRezPortal 


☐ Bookmark the I-House Resident Portal page on your computer. This page will feature important announcements for residents throughout the year – ihouse.berkeley.edu/residents 


☐ Review the Payment Instructions and Schedule on our website. 

 Access the I-House Internet Connection and Your Mailbox: After you have checked into I-House, you can connect to the internet and get your mailbox combination by signing on to your account via the StarRez portal: http://ihouse.berkeley.edu/StarRezPortal/  

Once you have logged on, click on "IHouseID and Mailbox". You will find detailed instructions on how to navigate to the internet registration by creating an I-House Network Registration. You will also find detailed instructions on how to open and close your mailbox.


☐ Register your I-House Debit Accounthttp://ihouse.berkeley.edu/residents/debitaccounts.php You will need to do this in order to manage your meal plan balance, I-House Cafe points, computer printing and laundry services.

If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Front Desk at (510) 642-9490 or the Admissions team at (510) 642-9470.

Thanks for your prompt attention to these tasks and best wishes for a fantastic year!