I-House impacts the world by producing global citizens equipped with stellar leadership skills and intercultural expertise. Fulfilling this missions begins by assisting students from diverse national and socioeconomic backgrounds the ability to access the “I-House Experience.”
The purpose of the financial aid program is to offer UC Berkeley students who demonstrate financial need, an opportunity to experience first-hand, cultures from all over the world while enabling international students to learn about the ethnic and economic diversity in the United States. Due to the donations of many generous donors to International House, scholarships are provided to help offset deserving resident’s room and board fees at International House.
The I-House Room and Board Financial Aid Application for the 2015-2016 academic year will be open online from May 1 through June 5, 4:30 pm.
- Full-time upper division (undergraduate junior or senior), or graduate standing accepted and registered into a degree-seeking program at UC Berkeley;
- Demonstrated financial need;
- GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- A confirmed room reservation at I-House for 2015-2016 or limited number of reservations for Fall 2015 only (Regular Double for undergraduate, Low Price Single or Regular Single for graduate student.)
Note: Exchange students or UC Berkeley Extension students are not eligible, nor are summer session students.
Due to the trend that room reservations fill up quickly, it is best to apply for residential admissions early. The room reservation cancellation deadline will be aligned with prior notice of room and board financial aid awards to assist financial aid applicants.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions for more information
Deadline: June 5, 2015
The Gateway Fellowship Program
Gateway Fellowships are reserved for graduate students only. Candidates are nominated to International House Berkeley by academic departments each February. Learn more in the FAQ
Gateway Nominations for 2015-16 are Now Closed.
- Chevron-Xenel Gateway Fellowship (Ph.D)
- Chevron-Xenel Fellowship in Public Health (MPH)
- Eltoukhy East-West Gateway Fellowship
- EWJ Gateway Fellowship
- Carl and Betty Helmholz Gateway Fellowship
- Joe Lurie Returned Peace Corps Gateway Fellowship
- Allan and Kathleen Rosevear Gateway Fellowship
- Adrian Hao Yin Ü Gateway Fellowship
- Joan & Egon von Kashnitz Gateway Fellowship
- Norway House Foundation Term Gateway Fellowship
The Rafael Rodriguez/Golden Age Fellowship is a similar fellowship for one PhD student each year. Nominations are submitted by the student’s department to the Graduate Division. For information, visit: http://grad.berkeley.edu/admissions/apply/, and check the departmental deadline on http://grad.berkeley.edu/programs/list/.
For full descriptions of Gateway Fellowships and Eligibility, click here.