I-House impacts the world by producing global citizens equipped with stellar leadership skills and intercultural expertise. Fulfilling this mission begins by assisting students from diverse national and socioeconomic backgrounds the ability to access the “I-House Experience.”
The purpose of the I-House Financial Aid program is to offer UC Berkeley students who demonstrate financial need, an opportunity to experience first-hand, cultures from all over the world while enabling international students to learn about the ethnic and economic diversity in the United States. Due to the donations of many generous donors to International House, scholarships are provided to help offset deserving resident’s room and board fees at International House.
The 2017-18 Academic Year and 2017 Fall Semester Financial Aid Application period is April 24 – May 24, 2017.
You must have a reserved room contract with the I-House Admissions Office to be eligible. Visit: http://ihouse.berkeley.edu/applicants/rates.php
- Full-time upper division (undergraduate junior or senior), or graduate students who are accepted and registered into a degree-seeking program at UC Berkeley;
- Demonstrated financial need;
- GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- A confirmed room reservation at I-House for the upcoming Fall semester or Academic Year in a Regular Double (for undergraduates), Low Price Single or Regular Single (for graduate students.)
- Completion of all steps of the Financial Aid application including supporting documents.
Note: Exchange students, UC Berkeley Extension, or Summer Session students are not eligible.
The room reservation cancellation deadline without penalty, will be aligned with prior notice of room and board financial aid awards to assist financial aid applicants.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
The I-House Financial Aid Application is composed of two forms plus documents to email:
- Step One: Registration Form
- Step Two: Student Budget Form (PDF)
Following submission of the above, send in one Word Document, your essay of 500 words or less, and a summary of your essay 190 words or less to complete your application. Unofficial transcript is also required to be submitted. US citizens are required to turn in their FAFSA form.
Applicants will not be notified of scholarship status until June 27, 2017.
Note: The last day to cancel your room contract without penalty is July 1, 2017.