Due to COVID-19, International House will not be available for summer 2021 housing. We anticipate reopening Fall 2021. To receive updates about re-opening, please subscribe to our Admissions News & Updates email list.
The Summer I-House Experience
International House is an exciting residential and program center that welcomes U.S. and international students, visiting scholars, researchers, and postdocs. We also provide space for groups visiting UC Berkeley during the summer conference season.
- Unique, fun community of American and international students
- Great location on campus! Located near Haas Business School and Boalt Law School at the top of Bancroft Ave
- Affordable single and double furnished rooms with meal plan
- Library, computer lab, game room, lounges, and high-speed wireless Internet
- Programs, films, lectures, and cultural festivals, as well as special trips designed to make the most of your stay in Berkeley.
- Our beautiful building has an amazing view of the entire San Francisco Bay Area and the Golden Gate Bridge. It is within walking distance of the central campus classrooms and libraries, recreational facilities, and Berkeley shopping and restaurants.
International House serves as a residence for undergraduates in their junior or senior year of study, graduate students, postdocs, visiting scholars, and researchers. During the summer months, we house a variety of students at all academic levels, summer groups and conferences, and those attending Summer Sessions at UC Berkeley. While we do not require summer applicants to have junior standing, all residents must be at least 18 years of age for the duration of their stay at International House.