Consider the Benefits!
I-House is the ideal place for international scholars, U.S. students seeking to learn about new cultures and customs, and people passionate about exploring issues in today’s global society. We provide all the services and support international students need to make the most of their time in the U.S. while getting the most of their University of California Berkeley education. This includes many conveniences that help you find your own balance of academic achievement and social fun:
- Convenient location at the heart of campus and just steps away from Haas School of Business and Boalt School of Law
- 24-hour library and computing center available only to I-House residents
- Specialized leadership development workshops to reinforce I-House’s mission
- Free admission to many of I-House’s signature programs
- Resident programs such as festivals, movies, concerts, and dance classes
- Optional organized day trips to the San Francisco Bay Area’s most popular tourist sites, entertainment destinations, and other attractions
- Meal plans with menus that reflect the I-House community’s diversity
- I-House’s own sponsored scholarship and financial aid packages
The I-House experience is something residents carry with them throughout their lives. Our multicultural environment and progressive spirit will influence you in your studies, career, and personal interactions during your stay and for many years thereafter. When you leave I-House you become part of an alumni network of diplomats, scholars, entrepreneurs, and political leaders who practice I-House’s ideals every day and fight to achieve its mission to create a more peaceful and tolerant world. See our Notable Alumni section to learn more.
Learn how to join this engaging social, political, and intellectual community and take part in a residence experience that lasts a lifetime.