Resident Resources

Welcome new and returning residents!

Be sure to read our New Resident FAQs page. Below are a few more resources and services tailored just for residents. 

Computing and Printing

To support the educational goals of our residents, we provide a variety of equipment and IT services. Learn about printing from your room and wifi access on the Residential Computing page.

Counseling Services

I-House offers free and confidential counseling services to all residents.

Talking to someone about personal issues is a widely accepted practice in the United States and other parts of the world. Many residents from cultures unfamiliar with the concept of counseling find speaking with a licensed professional extremely helpful in dealing with the challenges of life at UC Berkeley. Counseling Services are free and confidential. Please call Tang Center, Counseling and Psychological Services at (510) 642-9494 to make an appointment. Learn about other health services offered to UC Berkeley students at

Make a Payment

You can make a secure payment online for the following:

  • Cancellation Fees

  • Early Arrival Fees

  • Holdover Fees

  • Cot rental from the RSC

  • Other payments

  • Room Change Fees 

  • Room and Board Payments: The full payment instructions and schedule are posted in the New Resident Primer at 

International House never stores your credit card information on our servers and all communication is encrypted. In the occasional case that a refund is due as a result of resident overpayment or other event, we refund resident deposits by credit card, or if their accounts have been closed, by check. If, after three months of trying to reach a former resident by email, phone and social media, we are not able to reach them to obtain contact information, we will transfer the deposit balance to the Council Socially Responsible Scholarship Fund, to be used for future residents with financial need.

Social Media Ambassadors (SMAs)

Be a Social Media Ambassador for I-House!

Do you love taking creative photos and videos? Are you savvy with social media? Would you like to be a writer for the I-House blog? Consider being a Social Media Ambassador to help capture and share stories of I-House moments. This volunteer role will be a great opportunity to get creative and make a lasting impression during your time at I-House. Qualified candidates will receive an Amazon gift card, exclusive Social Media Ambassador T-shirt, I-House swag, and valuable communications experience that can help you in your career. Click here to learn about our Social Media Ambassadors.

Email Laurie Ferris at with your experience, interest, and examples of your skills in writing and social media.

Ways to Stay Connected

Admissions Bulletins

Make sure you read these emails with important news, mandatory events, and deadlines. Sent by the Admissions Office. 

I-House Berkeley Connect Current Residents Group

Visit I-House Berkeley Connect to join our official global online community. Register as “Resident” Affiliation and with years 2022 / 2023 selected, then request to join 2022-2023 Residents Group

NewsFlash for Residents

A friendly email that highlights events, reminders, House news, and special opportunities to enhance your I-House Experience. Sent by the Program Office.

Instagram Account

Follow the Instagram account managed by I-House Communications and Social Media Ambassadors at

Work Orders for Maintenance

How To Create a Work Order:

1) Login to the StarRez Portal using the same username and password created for your I-House application

2) Click on the "Maintenance" tab

3) Click on "New Job" and follow the prompts to complete your work order!

Ordering through

Amazon SmileShopping on Amazon?

Did you know that all of your purchases including textbooks can go towards supporting I-House?  Visit and select International House, Berkeley. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.

Amazon Locker

You can help the I-House Mail Room with the many packages they receive, especially during the holidays, by utilizing the Amazon Locker. You may even get your packages more quickly! 

Amazon pickup locations offer the following exclusive benefits:

  • Secure, staffed locations for convenient pickup
  • Free same-day or one-day pickup for Prime members
  • Free returns drop-off (free packing supplies are available)
  • In-person assistance
  • Self-service kiosks

Once your Amazon package is delivered, you'll receive an e-mail notification with a unique pickup code that will be valid for three days. You can pick up your packages at the Amazon Pickup Location on campus at a time that's convenient for you. If you purchase something and want to return it, you can drop it off at a pickup location regardless of where it was originally delivered. It's as simple as that!

Join the official I-House Residents 2022-2023 Group on the I-House Berkeley Connect Global platform. We encourage incoming residents to join at as the Resident Affiliation and with 2022 / 2023 selected. 

Residents can post upcoming events and news on the Resident Group feed. See the Platform User Guide.

I-House Cookbook

Thanks to a team effort, we are proud to present to you the very first chapter of the I-House Cookbook, with Chef Abbie's foreword and delicious recipes from The Philippines, Kenya, Spain, Iran, China, and France! 

I-House Cookbook, chapter 1

Download Chapter 1 PDF

Resident Assistants (RAs)