The Summer I-House Experience
International House is an exciting residential and program center that welcomes U.S. and International students, visiting scholars, researchers, and postdocs. We also provide space for groups visiting UC Berkeley during the summer conference season.
Below are some of the great reasons to stay at I-House during the Summer:
- Unique, fun community of American and International students
- Great location on campus! Located at the top of Bancroft Avenue near the Law School and Haas School of Business
- Affordable single and double furnished rooms
- Meal plan included with all-you-can-eat, delicious meals created by our award-winning Chef, Abbie Serbins
- On-site amenities include edmonds Café, library, computer lab, game room, music room, lounges, and newly upgraded high-speed wireless internet
- Programs, films, lectures, and cultural festivals, as well as special trips designed to make the most of your stay in Berkeley
- Our beautiful building has an amazing view of the entire San Francisco Bay Area and the Golden Gate Bridge. We are within walking distance of the central campus classrooms and libraries, recreational facilities, and Berkeley shopping and restaurants.
International House serves as a residence for undergraduates in their junior or senior year of study, graduate students, postdocs, visiting scholars, and researchers. During the summer months, we house a variety of students of all academic levels, summer groups and conference attendees, and those attending Summer Sessions at UC Berkeley. We do not require I-House residents to be affiliated with UC Berkeley over the Summer. All residents must be at least 18 years of age for the duration of their stay at International House.