I-House impacts the world by producing global citizens equipped with stellar leadership skills and intercultural expertise. Fulfilling this mission begins by assisting students from diverse national and socioeconomic backgrounds to access the I-House Experience.
The purpose of the I-House Scholarship program is to offer UC Berkeley students who demonstrate financial need an opportunity to experience, firsthand, cultures from all over the world while enabling international students to learn about the ethnic and economic diversity in the United States as I-House residents.
Due to the donations of many generous alumni and friends to International House, partial room and board scholarships may be provided to help deserving students reside at International House.
2024-2025 Financial Aid application is now open.
Round 1 deadline: June 14, 2024
Round 2 deadline: August 1, 2024
• Full-time, upper-division (undergraduate junior or senior), or graduate students who are accepted and registered into a degree-seeking program at UC Berkeley. Exchange students, extension students, summer resident-students, and visiting scholars are not eligible.
• Demonstrated financial need
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• A confirmed room reservation for the semester/academic year for which you are applying. *Please note, Bay View, Large and Premium rooms are not eligible for financial aid.
• All US citizens must submit a copy of their FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) form with their scholarship application. We cannot accept your FAFSA application. When applying for FAFSA, please allow three to five days to receive it.
• Completion and submission of all steps of the application, including supporting documents, are required.
Please note, priority will go to applicants that apply in Round 1.
For specific questions about housing, email Admissions@ihouseberkeley.org.
Read the Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
For all Scholarship related questions, email FinancialAid@ihouseberkeley.org