Who is eligible to live at I-House?

The following are eligible to live at International House during the Academic Year:

  • US and International students are welcome at I-House!
  • Registered UC Berkeley students as well as those who are affiliated with the Wright Institute, the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, LBNL, and the Graduate Theological Union.
  • Undergraduates who have attained junior or senior class standing, or have completed at least 60 UC units prior to their period of occupancy.
  • Registered graduate and postdoctoral students, visiting scholars and researchers, and Education Abroad Reciprocity students
  • International students who are attending UC Berkeley through University Extension.
  • All occupants must be at least 18 years old.

Residents may reside at International House for a maximum of eight full Academic Year semesters. Summer Session residency is not counted toward this semester total, however, eligibility will end at the completion of the eighth Academic Year semester. Due to the high demand for housing at International House, this policy is in place to ensure we are able to provide as many students as possible with the opportunity to live at I-House and benefit from our unique offerings.