How to Give

How to Give

There are many ways that you can support International House. From online giving to estate planning—we make it easy to give your way!

Online Giving

The most convenient way to give is online through the form on this page. After you complete the donation, you will immediately receive a confirmation email receipt for your records.

Give via Your Donor Advised Fund

If you have a donor-advised fund (DAF) through Schwab Charitable, Fidelity Charitable, or BNY Mellon, you can make a recommendation for a grant to I-House immediately and directly through the DAF Direct widget on this page. You can indicate whether your gift is unrestricted by designating the Fund for I-House, or a specific cause such as Intercultural Programs or the Architectural Heritage Fund.

If your DAF’s sponsoring organization does not participate in DAF Direct, please consider contacting your advisor at your DAF sponsoring organization to make checks payable to International House at UC Berkeley. 

The I-House Federal Tax ID is 94-1167403.

Please have checks mailed to: 

International House Development Office 
2299 Piedmont Avenue 
Berkeley, CA 94720 - 2320

Please ask that your DAF sponsoring organization provide your name and address so that we may acknowledge your generosity!

Listing I-House as a final beneficiary of your DAF is also a wonderful way to support us!

What is a donor-advised fund? A donor-advised fund provides donors with a centralized charitable giving vehicle. It allows philanthropically inclined individuals, families, and corporations to make an irrevocable charitable gift to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program and take an immediate tax deduction. Most sponsoring organizations of DAFs accept cash equivalents, securities, and certain other assets. How does it work?  Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program. Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free). Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice such as I-House!

If you ever have a question about your gift, please contact us at or by calling +1 (510) 642-4128.

Recurring Giving

Become an International House supporter with a recurring monthly, quarterly, or annual gift, and continue to help us promote a more peaceful world. Your recurring gifts will help form a predictable source of income we can count on to fund life-changing scholarships, crucial modernizations to our House, and innovative cross-cultural programs.

Your online donation is secure and flexible. You choose the amount you wish to give each month, quarter, or year, and you can change or cancel your pledge at any time.

Make your first donation by credit card at and select "recurring."

If you ever have a question about your recurring gift, contact us at or by calling (510) 642-4128.

Mail a Pledge Form with Your Gift

You are welcome to give by check, one-time or multi-year pledge, wire transfer, stock, or planned gift. Download the pledge form and include it with your donation check.

Mail checks to: 
International House Development Office 
2299 Piedmont Avenue 
Berkeley, CA 94720

Stock Gifts

I-House welcomes contributions of appreciated securities. Below are detailed instructions to coordinate with your broker the transfer of funds directly to I-House accounts at the Vanguard brokerage firm.

Steps to transfer stock to benefit I-House:

1. Alert us of your gift intentions at or by calling (510) 642-4128.

2. Complete the paperwork that is required by your own brokerage firm to give stock.

3. Reference The Fund for I-House. The International House Account number is 62148740 and the Vanguard DTC number is 0062. The I-House Federal Tax ID is 94-1167403.

Corporate and Institutional Gifts

I-House welcomes public-private partnerships to attain a shared commitment to preparation of the next generations of international leaders for a more peaceful and prosperous world. We extend thanks to the foundations and corporations who have invested and/or provided employer matching gifts to support our mission for a more peaceful world.

International Giving

I-House is grateful to supporters worldwide and offers the links below to provide information on potential tax advantages for contributing donors.

Tax relief information for donors in Canada, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and Greater Europe:


All gifts are tax-deductible as prescribed by law. University of California, Berkeley is recognized as a tax-exempt organization by Revenue Canada (Tax ID 154146).

Hong Kong

Hong Kong taxpayers may make donations in Hong Kong dollars or U.S. dollars via the University of California Foundation Limited in Hong Kong. Contributions will be tax-deductible as provided for under Section 88 of the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Ordinance. The University of California Foundation Limited will collect your contributions and forward them to UC Berkeley. Click here for remittance information.

United Kingdom
  • British and U.S. taxpayers may make donations in pounds sterling to UC Berkeley via the University of California Trust (UK) in London - registered British Charity No. 1075405. Additionally, the University of California Trust (UK) can collect Gift Aid on your behalf and forward it to UC Berkeley. Click here for Gift Aid form.
  • Donors who have tax liabilities in the UK and the US can give to UC Berkeley via the CAF American Donor Fund for dual US/UK taxpayers. Trading as Southampton Row Trust Ltd., the CAF American Donor Fund allows US citizens living in the United Kingdom to receive tax benefits in both countries for their international contributions.
  • For more information on donations from the UK, contact Matthew Daines, Programme Director, UK Trust, at or +44 (0)20 7079 0567.
Other European Countries
If you are a European taxpayer, you may give to UC Berkeley via Transnational Giving Europe (TGE), which currently covers 13 countries. Donors may make a gift to the national TGE partner which will transfer the gift to Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) in London and provide all the national fiscal advantages to the donor. CAF will then forward your gift to UC Berkeley with the assistance of the University of California Trust (UK).
For more information on international giving, please contact us at or +1( 510) 642-4128.

Gift Planning for Tomorrow

You can support the development of a new generation of global leaders to help create a world of greater understanding and peace, through your will, living trust, or retirement plan. Learn more about Gift Planning for Tomorrow.

I-House Tax Info and Statements

Federal Tax ID: 94-1167403

 2020 RS Tax Form 990

Where to Give

We understand that some donors like to choose where their gifts will make the most meaningful impact. We offer four key areas where funds can be directed:

I-House Berkeley logo - Tenth Decade

Giving Resources

For questions, email us at

In I-House, I see a world that is so big yet so small. People from all over the world can bond together in one house. That’s awesome!
Xunxun Liao