How to Give
There are many ways that you can support International House. From online giving to estate planning—we make it easy to give your way!
The most convenient way to give is online through the form on this page. After you complete the donation, you will immediately receive a confirmation email receipt for your records.
Become an International House supporter with a recurring monthly, quarterly, or annual gift, and continue to help us promote a more peaceful world. Your recurring gifts will help form a predictable source of income we can count on to fund life-changing scholarships, crucial modernizations to our House, and innovative cross-cultural programs.
Your online donation is secure and flexible. You choose the amount you wish to give each month, quarter, or year, and you can change or cancel your pledge at any time.
Make your first donation by credit card at https://give.berkeley.edu/fund/FB0220000 and select "recurring."
If you ever have a question about your recurring gift, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (510) 642-4128.
Mail a Pledge Form with Your Gift
You are welcome to give by check, one-time or multi-year pledge, wire transfer, stock, or planned gift. Download the pledge form and include it with your donation check.
Mail checks to:
International House Development Office
2299 Piedmont Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94720
I-House welcomes contributions of appreciated securities. Below are detailed instructions to coordinate with your broker the transfer of funds directly to I-House accounts at the Vanguard brokerage firm.
Steps to transfer stock to benefit I-House:
1. Alert us of your gift intentions at email@example.com or by calling (510) 642-4128.
2. Complete the paperwork that is required by your own brokerage firm to give stock.
3. Reference The Fund for I-House. The International House Account number is 62148740 and the Vanguard DTC number is 0062. The I-House Federal Tax ID is 94-1167403.
Corporate and Institutional Gifts
I-House welcomes public-private partnerships to attain a shared commitment to preparation of the next generations of international leaders for a more peaceful and prosperous world. We extend thanks to the foundations and corporations who have invested and/or provided employer matching gifts to support our mission for a more peaceful world.
I-House is grateful to supporters worldwide and offers the links below to provide information on potential tax advantages for contributing donors.
Tax relief information for donors in Canada, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and Greater Europe:
All gifts are tax-deductible as prescribed by law. University of California, Berkeley is recognized as a tax-exempt organization by Revenue Canada (Tax ID 154146).
Hong Kong taxpayers may make donations in Hong Kong dollars or U.S. dollars via the University of California Foundation Limited in Hong Kong. Contributions will be tax-deductible as provided for under Section 88 of the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Ordinance. The University of California Foundation Limited will collect your contributions and forward them to UC Berkeley. Click here for remittance information.
- British and U.S. taxpayers may make donations in pounds sterling to UC Berkeley via the University of California Trust (UK) in London - registered British Charity No. 1075405. Additionally, the University of California Trust (UK) can collect Gift Aid on your behalf and forward it to UC Berkeley. Click here for Gift Aid form.
- Donors who have tax liabilities in the UK and the US can give to UC Berkeley via the CAF American Donor Fund for dual US/UK taxpayers. Trading as Southampton Row Trust Ltd., the CAF American Donor Fund allows US citizens living in the United Kingdom to receive tax benefits in both countries for their international contributions.
- For more information on donations from the UK, contact Matthew Daines, Programme Director, UK Trust, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7079 0567.
Other European Countries
Gift Planning for Tomorrow
You can support the development of a new generation of global leaders to help create a world of greater understanding and peace, through your will, living trust, or retirement plan. Learn more about Gift Planning for Tomorrow.